Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Many a Cold Frosty Morning in Ireland...

Midleton in East Cork is more famous I suppose for its Jameson Experience but it does also have lovely galleries and restaurants, some nice walks and great shops. On Friday morning we have the Country Market and on Saturday morning we have the Farmers market. For the size of the town it is very multicultural and extremely diverse, dare I say even cosmospolitan. This is the river that runs through it and on this particular frosty morning as I drove past after dropping the children to school, I had to turn the car around and come back to take a picture. It was beautiful with the mist rising, almost eerie.

This is another of our extremely frosty mornings. The Church of the Most Holy Rosary can be seen in the background, while the foreground is just a blanket of frost. The colours of the trees I find breathtaking as well against the cold sharp winter sky, some are red while others are green. Midleton is a beautiful place, in September we have the food festival while throughout the year tourists from all over the world enjoy the golf clubs, the equestrian centre, our restaurants. Great place indeed.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi lin, I see you sorted out the labels,and you are waxing quite lyrical about Midleton!I do not have any photos of Midleton farmer's market so you might put up a few?
Mam